- This event has passed.
Join us on Tuesday, November 28th for a day of giving! GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
This year, in accordance with GivingTuesday we are excited to launch our brand new sponsorship program! This program allows our students in need to be matched with a sponsor willing to give them a chance at a quality education.
All sponsorships will be for children attending Waves of Education Primary and Nursery school. Current students are in nursery classes up through first grade equivalent. Sponsorships are $30 a month and can be billed as frequently as monthly or annually.
View all available sponsees, here.
Your sponsored child will receive:
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- School supplies and books
- Three school uniforms
- Access to clean drinking water
Additionally, your donation will support the maintenance of the school and ensure it has the resources needed to provide a quality education in a safe school structure.
What are the benefits of a sponsor?
As a sponsor, you will play a vital role in your child’s life. You will have the opportunity to build a relationship with your child through pictures and letters. You will receive:
- At least one annual photo of your child.
- A letter or drawing from your child.
- A copy of your child’s report card each trimester.
You can watch as your ongoing support empowers your child and changes his or her life.
Basic facts about Uganda school system:
• New school years begin in February
• The school year is broken up into trimesters
◦ Trimester 1: February – May
◦ Trimester 2: June – August
◦ Trimester 3: September- December
• School levels, age is not a factor in what class a student is in.
◦ Nursery school (preschool)
· Baby class
· Middle class
· Top class
◦ Primary School
· P1 class (kindergarten)
· P2 (1st grade)
· P3 (2nd grade)
· P4 (3rd grade)
· P5 (4th grade)
· P6 (5th grade)
· P7 (6th grade)
◦ Secondary school – ordinary Level
· S1 (7th grade)
· S2 (8th grade)
· S3 (Freshman)
· S4 (Sophomore)
◦ Secondary school – advanced level
· S5 (Junior)
· S6 (Senior)